Farming Instance 25 Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by endeavour on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Why I-25

• 1 million resources or more per hour
  • Lower requirements to start-up than I-27+
  • Basic design and ships can be extended for faster farming or harder instances

Research Prerequisites

• Frigate Research: Cybra-III or better
  • Missile Science: Suppression-4 for missile attack scattering
  • Ship Defense Science: Augment Absorption-2 for shield damage negation

Instance Strategy

• The strategy to this instance is to have each of your fleets destroy one of the enemy fleets each time that they attack.  This instance has few enemy fleets in comparison with Instances 19-24 and Instances 26+.
  • You do not need overpowered ships to effectively farm this instance, only regular missile farming fleets, each with min and max missile bionic chips.
  • At first it may take 4-5 rounds to complete (~6 mins), but by adding higher powered chips or more fleets, you can reduce it to 1-2 rounds (4 mins).

Speed farming Strategy

• To successfully speed farm I-25, you need to have at least 13 fleets with speed commanders, high mobility, and high damage.  Speed rating of 301 or higher (estimated) needed in order for all your fleets to attack first.
  • If you have this setup, you may want to pursue speed farming I-27 for far greater rewards.

What to Build

• Start with and build 5 missile farming fleets.  You want as many Rocket Frame-Is in the design as you can.
  • Basic Cybra-III design: 18xRocket Frame-I, 8xEOS Shield-III, 1xAnti-matter Engine, 1xTeam Combat Engine
  • Chips: You want to have missile chips on each fleet.  A fleet with Rocket Frame-Is and no chips will slow down your completion time.  It's better to start with 5 fleets that all have chips and later expand than to have 10 fleets with low-powered chips.

Fleet Settings

• Set all fleets to max-range and closest

Ways to Optimize and Troubleshooting

• I want more gold, speed me up:  If your first five fleets are destroying enemy fleets quickly, it's time to add in more fleets.  Increasing the number to 7 fleets will have a large improvement as the instance can be completed in two rounds.  You must include chips in the added fleets or else they will start to slow down your run time.  Increasing to 13 fleets will not greatly reduce the time without speed commanders and ships that have higher mobility than the basic Cybra design.
  • Slow completion times:  Watch your fleets attack since they will use the same order if nothing else changes. You ideally want them to destroy an enemy fleet in 1-3 stack attacks.  If it is taking many more, work on upgrading that fleet's chips.  Over time, higher missile science will help as well.
  • Speed commanders:  If you have any speed commanders, have them selected first in the fleet selection window.  This way they are closest to the enemies and will attack first.
  • Structure damage:  This instance does not usually require highly shielded ships.  Nonetheless, if your fleets are taking major damage you can either increase the stack size, especially the first fleet, or advance your shield science research further.  You can try temporarily setting your fleets to attack the highest attack instead of closest.  It may allow you to complete the instance, but at a slower pace.

Last edited by endeavour on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:27 pm; edited 6 times in total

endeavour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Farming Instance 25 Guide

Post by skyminer707 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:27 pm

For a slightly more in-depth description:

i25 can be farmed in about 4-6 minutes with 5 common commanders. This equates to about 1 million to 1.5 million gold and metal an hour (and that minus consumption of He3).

If none of your commanders move before all of the enemy commanders have moved, then the speed of your runs will generally increase by a few seconds, as you only get hit once or twice in the first round.

You need to have all the missile science completed, meaning every cell fully researched except for that final 10m research "Perfect Storm". That's mainly to get the splash damage and the reload time reduced.

For Ship Defense, you primarily need the shields segment. That's the top half of the tree. In this case, get all of the slots fully researched; it doesn't cost that much.

Farming fleets should consist of rocket frame farmers using about 7-8 EOS 3 shielding and a total of 5-7 movement. 6 EOS 3 works as well, but you need to add another few hundred ships past effective stack to have enough shields for what you don't negate. As normal, Cybra 3 and Hamdar 3 work best, due to their large effective stack size, high movement without engines (2 + TCE + AME = 7), and high module capacity. As for flagships, get some Conquistador X (deals additional 30% splash damage) or Grim Reaper X (reduces stability by 500% when structure is damaged) and use them in each fleet. These should be able to allow you to destroy the meatshields quickly and easily. [edit]After some extensive experimentation, GR-X is less effective at destroying fleets quickly than a properly chipped ConqX fleet. You might want to take this into consideration.[/edit]

Of course, rocket frame farmers by themselves are pretty useless. You need bionic chips to get them running quickly. Generate 5 min (and max, if you want) missile chips, one for each commander in the farming fleets. Once you have 5, you can easily level them up by generating greens from the level 1 button (malfunctioning chips are cheaper that way – only 6 CG instead of 16. Or 26. You get the point). A good base to start with is Green Min Missile 2 or Blue Min Missile 1. You can level them up as you get more CG to spend, as each increase in level will allow you to complete i25 that much faster. Max missile, as I said earlier, is optional, but also fairly useful.

Last edited by skyminer707 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changing paragraph regarding commander speed)

skyminer707
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daemon Drexel on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:29 pm

For getting the medium I-25 farming of 2.3-2.5 million per hour farming, contact me, or request a description post.
Daemon Drexel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyminer707 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:44 pm

Running i25 in 2.5 minutes or less (3m gold/hour):
Supplies:
+ Missile science up to Perfect Storm 1
+ 13 common commanders, leveled up to max and arranged by speed, slowest to fastest.
+ Green Min Missile 3 and Green Max Missile 3 chips on all 13 comms. You can use more powerful ones to get even faster, presumably, just make sure they're consistent.
+ 13 weaponless or ballistic Caerulex Ladon 3s. Not 13k, 13.
+ 33000 custom Dullahan farmers. The design I use has AME, steering modules, and 34 RFs. Shield modules are unneeded and a waste of space, and movement doesn't need to be more than 4 because Ladons add 12 movement
+ 2 stacks of ballistic ships. Just make sure they can withstand i25 SBW strikes (they are only hit by SBW). You can save He3 if they are high-agility or no-negator ships. 2 stacks of Indies with Shield Booster and bali weapons work well.
+ 13 stacks of older RF farmers or 14300 extra custom Dulla farmers. The firepower of the Dullas isn't needed though, scrap ships from previous i25 farming fleets work wonderfully.

Fleets:
There are 3 fleet designs needed. All should be set to Max Range, Closest Target. The Ladon (stack of 1) is marked with L, tank ships are marked with I, custom Dullas (stacks of 1100) marked with d, and scrap farmers marked with f.
1, 3-8, 11-13:
(Rear)
[ ][ ][ ]
[f][L][ ]
[d][d][ ]
(Front)
2:
(Rear)
[ ][ ][ ]
[f][L][I]
[d][d][I]
(Front)
This fleet CANNOT be rotated from the default position no matter what.
9-10:
(Rear)
[f][ ][ ]
[L][d][d]
[d][d][ ]
(Front)

These fleets must be put in order when sending to i25. There is one time when a fleet (SBW) hits your ships, it will be taken by the two stacks of tanks. As stated before, these tanks need to be ballistic, this is to confuse the max attack targeting. Once all of i25 has moved, you start moving from the back of your group forward. Either fleet 9 or 10 will hit the tanky fleet, that takes 3 or 4 hits to kill, everything else needs only 1 or 2.

If you have any questions, just ask JebediahJames or me, we've been refining it as we go as well.

This is an older setup (2.5m gold/h), just to show the basic concept:

skyminer707
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top