S01 Observations and Politics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

S01 Observations and Politics

Post by skyminer707 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Just as a weird little experiment I'm starting to do, I have an alt planted in S01 with the username Svench, ID19858. If you have an account in S01 as well, feel free to add me if I'm on, mail me for assistance (I have some way to go before I can help out too much), or post something here on anything you've noticed about it.

skyminer707
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: S01 Observations and Politics

Post by endeavour on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Here is the process that Kongregate used in the most recent merge:
From kongregate.com/forums/202-galaxy-online/topics/317317-server01-server02-merger-on-jan-5th-updated

----

Commanders, the Developers of Galaxy Online II are pleased to announce an exciting server merger! With this merger, all players can interact with their friends from other servers in GO II. This means more FRIENDS, more FUN, and definitely much more ACTION! Do you have what it takes to beat the best players from the other servers? Let’s find out!

In an effort to boost player interaction while restructuring the playing field, we will be merging 2 servers this week.
1. Servers S01.Ursa Major and S02.Ursa Minor will be brought down at 01:00 (Server Time: GMT-5), Jan 5th and brought back online as S01.Ursa Major.
2. The process will last approximately 1 hour. The exact completion time will depend on the progress of the server merge. The servers will be open as soon as possible.
3. If the server merging process is completed before estimated time, the server will be open at an earlier time.
4. Please do not purchase any Mall Points for an account linked to any of these two servers involved during the merger to avoid any unnecessary losses.
5. During the period of time, Server03 will still be accessible.

Rewards:
After the server-merge finishes, players will receive
>>500 (S01.Ursa Major) vouchers
>>1500 (S02.Ursa Minor) vouchers
>> Adv Galaxy Transfer

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Should any problems occur prior to the switch, the developers of Galaxy Online II will do their best to announce them before the merger begins.

Merger Rules:
1. All player IDs will be changed automatically.
2. All fleets not stationed at a player’s home planet will be dismissed automatically.
3. All active Resource Pack Boosters will be paused during the merger and reactivated after the switch has completed.
4. The possibility of duplicate names across servers has been considered. Character and Corps name matches from S01.Ursa Major and S02.Ursa Minor will be renamed with a numerical suffix.
5. All open requests to join Corps and Corps event information will be deleted.
6. All Resource Bonus Planets will be vacated and controlled by Computer Pirates. All Corps will be compensated for their losses based on the level of the Space Station within their respective RBPs.
7. All active battles will cease immediately with all remaining warships sent back to their home planets when the servers are brought down.
8. All individual League Match ranks will remain unchanged.
9. Any Lv1-9 profile that has been inactive for 14 days or more will be deleted during the merger.
10. All players’ friend lists will be cleared.
11. All in-game messages will be deleted during the server merger. Please take all unclaimed items out of your mailbox before the merger. The developers of GOII will NOT be responsible for any loss caused by this.
12. It is advised to 1) withdraw any current ongoing auctions in the auction house, and 2) ensure there are no ships currently undergoing repairs in the shipyard prior to the server merger to minimize the chances of data loss during the merger process. The Galaxy Online II team will NOT take any responsibility nor compensate for losses incurred from the above methods after the merger.
13. All unclaimed Metal Resource Comsats and He3 Resource Comsats in Subsidiary Territories will be removed during the merger.
14. Players from the old S.01 and S.02 servers will be given a random new location for their Home Planets after the server merge.

endeavour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top